Scott Roth feature from gohuskies.com...

In the runup to next week's NCAA Championships in Fayetteville, Arkansas, here's an article on Washington pole vaulter Scott Roth (left/photo courtesy UW Sports Information), courtesy of gohuskies.com.

After winning the Pac-10 title last month, Roth exclaimed that "This is one of the highlights of my career to win Pac-10's with a new PR," said Roth, who later cleared 18-feet, 4.5-inches to win. "It was the most enjoyable event because my family was there and the whole team was there. I enjoy the team aspect of college jumping. I enjoyed winning it for the team and of course winning one for myself."

Last weekend, Roth cleared 17-11 to claim the NCAA West Regional title, and then pushed the bar to 18-4 1/2. Clearance at that height gave him a new personal best and the second highest jump in the NCAA this season, but Roth had his sights set higher. Roth then had the bar put at 18-9, which would have been the top height in the country.

"I was fairly confident but that bar was pretty high," Said Roth. "I knew it was a possibility and I was going to give an all-out effort. I think it would have been in reach."

To read the full article, please click here...

Comments